Dear, diary....
I started Journaling almost a a year ago as a way to release some of my thought especially because at the time I didn't really have anyone I could talk to. Writing things down on paper seemed to help. I was going though something not a lot of people would have understood so I wrote to God every night because I felt like I could trust Him with my thoughts and of course I can.
Journaling has this little stigma around it that it has to be pretty and aesthetic to mean something and it doesn't. I just bout a cheap book and write about my day, good or bad. I tell Him what I did, how that thing made me feel, whats been on my mind, and more. Writing it down makes it feel real because sometimes I don't even feel like I'm on earth it's like I'm just floating around. So journaling has been an outlet to ground myself and remind myself that I'm real, my feelings are real, and if I have no one to listen to my thought I have God.
Even if you don't have anyone to write to specifically you can write to your future self or just the diary in general. It doesn't have to be anything special either it can literally be about what you had for breakfast or the weather. One of my favorite things about journaling is that I get to look back and read about myself. There are moments in my journals where I was going through a hard time and now that I'm out of those times reading it shows me how far I've come. If you've ever wanted to try it I say go for it and even if you don't think it's for you at least you tried something new.
So do you think you would ever try journaling? If you do what made you start?
Thanks for reading! 🌸



No comments:
Post a Comment